Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 7, 2010

KISS-My first show, and a good place to start.....

My very first experience with concerts, I saw the group KISS on the Dynasty tour in 1979. It happened the night before Thanksgiving, and my grandmother in Eastern Washington was not very happy that we were not going to do Thanksgiving Dinner with her, because her 14 year old grandson was going to his first rock concert.
I went with my best friend, Kentt, and our mothers took us. I posted the "I  Was Made For Loving You" video, because that was the tour. This was KISS toward the end of their heyday, but to a couple of fourteen year olds, it was about as cool as it could get.
There were Pyrotechnics like I'd never seen before, or since, for that matter. There was an elevated drum set that rose nearly to the top of the Seattle Coliseum, Gene Simmons, in all his blood spitting glory, the boys in their crazy costumes. WOW! They were cool! They weren't just about the music, but about putting on a high energy production. To me, it was nothing short of SPECTACULAR! I thought ALL concerts would be like that, after.
KISS still has a special place with me, even after all these years. There is nothing like your first, right?
My second concert wasn't until nearly 9 months later, but even back then, I knew that there would be many more concerts in my future. Besides, after mom had seen KISS, and had joints passed around to her, she wasn't too thrilled with the idea of me going to other concerts, anytime soon. Someone told her she should be at home, watching "Little House on the Prairie". She is still insulted by that remark, today.
I started this blog with the group KISS, not because I am a member of the KISS ARMY(I'm not, by the way....), Not because they are the greatest rock & roll band ever, (some would argue) but for no other reason than they were the first rock concert I had ever been to. I got to where I wanted to see if all bands were as good live, as they were. Just for the record, back then, few of them were as cool, or as great at live performances as KISS. Had their show not been everything I hoped it would, things may have gone a different way. I want to thank my friend, Kentt, for making sure that KISS was my first concert, and not letting me talk him in to The Village People, as I wanted to go see that year.....LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fixodent lawsuit