Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A welcome......

I'm Ned Brooks. I have been going to concerts since I was 14 years old, and as of today, I am 2 months shy of 45 years of age. Though I had seen a pair of shows before 1981 (KISS in 1979 with my best friend and our mothers, {LOL!} and still favorite band HEART for my 15th birthday in 1980.), 1981 is really where my concert going started.
I was a sophomore in high school. I wasn't an athlete, I wasn't popular, and at that time, felt like I had very little going for me. Back in that day, concert tickets seldom exceeded $10, and either did T-shirts. I would always buy a T-shirt from the concert I had just been to, and then wear it to school the next day. I would have strangers come up to me the next day, and say, "Hey, Ned, how was the concert?"  I got to know many people this way, and because of this, my own self esteem started to build. I felt like, I may not be that important, but I DO matter.
Here I am nearly 30 years later, still doing what I love to do. I am not married, have no children, and though sometimes feel like maybe I should have settled down with a nice person, had 2.5 kids, and a white picket fence, for the most part I am happy pursuing my passion for music, especially LIVE music. I started this blog to share photos of shows I have been to, overall impressions of shows, reviews of music I may favor at a certain point in time, and new or established artists that I don't feel are getting the recognition they deserve.
I know it is a trifle self-indulgent of me to think anyone would care about what I have to say, but to those of you that are ending up reading this, I want to welcome you. I, also, want you to realize what is written here, is only my own personal  opinion, and sometimes my opinion may suck.....

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Ned! I'm so glad you started writing and sharing your knowledge and opinions about music! Not just because a lot of times I agree with your opinions (LOL), but rather because you allow us all an inside look at the music that surrounds us. I, for one, am excited to follow the the opinions, the insight, and most of all the memories you will share...sometimes even from the front row seated next to me!
    (cue the music)
    Big hugs to you my friend!
    -d.

    ReplyDelete

 

fixodent lawsuit